Saturday, June 3, 2006

Back at Home


A brief summery of my London vacation:
*Products tested: 2 lipglosses, 2 mascaras, 1 eye shadow
*Fragrances tested: 3
*Falling in love: with Serge Lutens. I'm going to buy two of the three I tried.
*Lingerie bought: three sets (all Elle MacPherson). They have a bigger selection than what I could find here in the US, including online (BareNecesseties.com, FigLeaves.com).
*Women's fashion: Still not impressed. I combed Selfridge's top to bottom, and can say this: Alice Temperley's dresses look much better in Vogue than in person. Size is a major problem if you're a petite woman- the smallest sizes are usually not small enough and they tend to vanish first.
*Nevertheless, clothes bought: A Missoni knit suit: knee length skirt and a matching sweater. The colors are bronze, green and deep blue. It was a rare size 6 (UK), and the Italian cut was perfect for me.
*Not beauty related but worth mentioning: We saw Judi Dench in Hay Fever. It was a great experience. Having front row tickets (we got them online a couple of months back) is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment