Friday, September 29, 2006

Annoyed

I made my usual Lancome purchase on their website. I bought my staples: Their gentle exfoliator and Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, and a couple of other makeup items: Artliner in Smoke and a blue eyeshadow. As a My Lancome member, I got my free shipping and a sample of mascara and was happy as a clam.

Two days later I got their promotion email, telling me that for every order over $75 I can get a lovely GWP that includes quite a few goodies. Now, a simiar thing has happened to me in the past with Clinique. A quick email to their customer service and whatever promotion promised was applied to my order, and all was well.

So, I emailed them at the relevant address. And nothing. Not even an automated response. Two days later I got my giftless package. I'm disappointed. Other e-commerce sites are much more sensitive to requests from loyal customers, and I really didn't expect that Lancome would be so different in this manner than their competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment