Thursday, December 13, 2007

Curing a bad hair day- Carol's Daughter Hair Balm


Carol's Daughter hair products were originally created to answer the hair care needs of African American women , but they are excellent for anyone with thick, dry or unruly hair. The hair milk is one of my favorite leave-in treatments, so I was happy to try the hair balm.

I have a lot of hair. It's long, thick and you can't argue with it, just go along with whatever it's doing. Like a mythological beast, respect it, bring it an offering and it'll let you live. But sometimes I do have a bad hair day, which requires a little extra care. That's where the balm fits in.

All I need is a very small amount, not more than grape size, worked into the problem area. It moisturizes, smooths, detangles and takes care of any frizz. It took a few tries to figure out just how much my hair needs, because the balm is very rich, and while not really greasy, it can weigh my hair down too much.

The smell is very "hair salon" and almost nostalgic, but there's a whiff of patchouli that might bother some, which I actually thought was nice. It doesn't matter much, though, because you need to actually press your nose to my hair if you want to smell it. There's no sillage, thankfully, and it doesn't clash with my perfume.

Image: Rapunzel's Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment