Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Would Arwen Wear?


Liv Tyler makes heavy silvery-smoky eye shadow appear like the prettiest thing ever, and I'm usually not a fan of this look. Since she's the face of Givenchy cosmetics, this might have been done with their Shadow Show in Stylish Grey and Star Diamond (and a good blending brush), but I think it can also be achieved using the Les Argents 46 eye shadow trio from Bourjois. It almost makes me want to try it. Another thing I love about Liv's makeup is the real color of her skin and of her lips. No orange face and weird fake nude lipstick.


Her blue Stella McCartney dress is another matter, though. I don't know if it's the fabric or the cut, but the result is less than flattering. I also don't like the way it hemmed. It's almost like someone did a quick and careless job adjusting the original dress you see below on Stella herself (from the NY Costume Institute party last month) to the shorter length. Not that I liked it all that much on Stella, either.


What do you think?

Images: Liv Tyler at the L.A. premier of The Incredible Hulk from HotCelebsHome, Stella McCartney (with Kate Moss) from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment