Monday, January 24, 2011

Burberry Warm Glow Natural Bronzer 01




I actually bought the Warm Glow Natural Bronzer from Burberry in August, which makes sense considering one usually wants a bronzed look in summer. But I'm finding myself reaching for it even more often now that my complexion really needs some warming up. It might be a psychological thing or simply the change in light, hard to tell. Besides, Warm Glow #01 (this specific shade is also named Warm Glow. Obviously Burberry wants us bronzed and confused) doesn't make me look tan, it just gives a little color and life, especially when applied with a light hand and blended carefully.

It's hard to describe and define bronzer shades- they vary by their levels and ratio of brown-gold-orange. I find Warm Glow #01 to be the less orange on my skin* and most natural. It really doesn't look like makeup, which is probably why it's such a great choice for the season. It can be built up, though, for a more sun-kissed effect.

Burberry bronzers, like their other powder products, feel very luxurious and finely milled. They have a satiny finish that makes skin glow with no actual shimmer or any visible shiny particles. The texture is the silkiest imagined and a pleasure to apply. I've been using several bronzer and face brushes and it works with all of them- I can't say I have a specific favorite for this bronzer, but Edward Bess Face Brush is probably the best.

*I'm often asked about my exact skin tone. It's a pale olive with both green, yellow and pink undertones and no blue. I don't wear MAC makeup, but I've been told that I'm around NC30-35, but there was no exact match the last time I visited their counter, but that was years ago. I can wear several shades of Chanel foundations, as long as they're on the pale yellow beige side. In Nars terms the best match I found was Stromboli (though I don't own it, so my testing was limited), and in Cover FX numbers I'm M40 (Honey).

Burberry Warm Glow Natural Bronzer ($48) is a Nordstrom exclusive.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment