Wednesday, May 3, 2006

One Size Fits All


I’m usually not a fan of products that declare themselves as right for any skin tone. From my experience it just doesn’t work this way. Just think: how many shades of lipstick or blush that look great on your friends would compliment you? A good example for this is Nars’ Orgasm blush. It gets such rave reviews and it seems that everyone is buying it. I tried it at Sephora a couple of times, with the same result: it looks wrong.

So I was skeptical about Benefit’s Dallas bronzer (or whatever you want to call it). Everyone loves it. And Everyone has a very different skin tone than mine. Still, my curiosity got the better of me and I found myself at Bloomie’s Benefit counter trying it on.

In my first try I had too much powder on the brush. It’s a thin brush with short, stiff bristles and no handle. It takes a moment to get used to, but as soon as I figured just how much product to use and how to sweep it across my face there was magic. My nose and the area around it are quite tan at this point in the season (I should really be more diligent about sunscreen, but I love being in the sun and my skin gets a pretty tan), so I just use it on my forehead and cheeks to complement my tan.

The color is, indeed, a sun-kissed rose. It makes my skin glow in a healthy looking tan. Since getting Dallas I completely abandoned my Paula Dorf bronzer and my Lancôme blush. I just sweep this and my face is done.

I have no idea how it works just as well for paler women with different undertones to their skin. All I know is that this Non-Blonde is hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment