Thursday, March 8, 2007

Ask the Non-Blonde 2: Lancome Mascara


I was asked about the difference between two Lancome mascaras: L'Extreme and Fatale. Now, I own L'Extreme, as well as Hypnose, Defincils and Defincils Pro, and I use them all (a review of the latter is coming soon), but I don't own Fatale. However, my mother, a non-blonde who is well-versed in beauty products and is probably to blame for my own little beauty habit, uses it.

According to my mom, Fatale is exactly what you see in the ads. It gives the fake lashes look, very 60s style, bold and completely not safe for work. It's a great evening look, because the lashes look very thick and their length is amazing: Up to there. "There" being her eyebrows.

L'Extreme is a great option if you want really long lashes that still look yours. I only became aware of just how much it lengthens until I began using a lash curler. Until then, the difference between L'Extreme and the other mascaras wasn't that obvious. They all gave definition and maybe some length. But once curled, you can see that Hypnose gives a thicker, fuller look, while L'Extreme is all about the length, and it holds the curl like no other mascara.

(Photo of Twiggy, found somewhere on MySpaces)

No comments:

Post a Comment