Friday, April 13, 2007

Mean and Green- L'Eau d'Issey' Summer


The new limited edition of L'Eau d'Issey' Summer EdT from Issey Miyake screamed green right from the shelf. So green that I didn't dare trying it in my own skin. Luckily, my shopping companion was my little sister, a green-lover if there ever was one. She sprayed, sniffed and fell in love.

To my nose it smelled so green that I could picture each part and fiber of the plant. I couldn't find an official list of notes, but as far as I'm concerned, the notes are every part of the plant that's above ground, stem and all. My sister finds it light and fresh, and I suspect that those who like green, grassy scents would adore this one.

Quote of the week belongs to my brother-in-law who upon sniffing my sister's neck declared: "It smells like chlorophyll".

No comments:

Post a Comment