Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lace




I'm enough of a girly girl to like lace in theory, though I tend to restrict it to a camisole picking under a jacket or to lingerie. I didn't have any lace on my wedding dress, so I doubt I'll ever have a use for a gown of this kind (from Life & Style magazine). As always, Angelina Jolie is perfection, while Vanessa Minnillo isn't doing herself much of a favor in this oddly-proportioned frock (and since when do I take fashion cues from someone who's claim to fame is posing with Lindsay Lohan and from having sex in public with Nick Lachey?). Charlize Theron is gorgeous, but I could live with seeing less of her torso and more of her legs. As for Uma the Ethereal, wearing such a dress must be her reward for wearing size 11 shoes. No one else can pull off a dress like that (and, please, don't even try).


My consolation will be cute lacy accessories, that can be worn with more pedestrian outfits. I'm not sold on the lace pumps: Wearing them with jeans would be just a little too Jersey for my comfort level. But the rest of these, especially the clutch are lovely.

Images from the latest issue of Life & Style magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment