Friday, April 4, 2008

Analyze This



I get that Rihanna is a young, beautiful pop star. This status definitely allows for some questionable fashion choices. The goddess of teenage girls remembers Madonna circa 1984 and the millions of fans who ran out to but fingerless lace gloves and tied ratty ribbons in their hair (for the record, I never had a buckle that said "Boy Toy", just so you know).


Now, I like the combination of a sweet but sexy corset and those punk cuffs. I can also deal with Rihanna's shoes and with the concept of wearing tons of makeup (I would never tell Chrissie Hynde to go easy on the eyeliner). But that lipstick color is just way too much and would look tacky on anyone outside of the pop star context, especially when worn with that nail color.


Speaking of tacky, Ashlee Simpson, who otherwise looks very pretty here has ruined the whole thing with these sandals. I love colorful shoes and orange is one of my favorite colors, but this pair just looks cheap to me. Interestingly enough, Cameron Diaz wore the same footwear, only in white, to the same event, 20th Annual Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards last Friday, where she was photographed all shiny-faced.


Opinions? Help me see the light?

Images: Hollywood Rag

No comments:

Post a Comment