Sunday, March 15, 2009

Discontinued: The Thymes Fig Leaf And Cassis


I try my best to keep an "out with the old, in with the new" attitude when it comes to discontinued beauty products and only throw tantrums (followed by weeks of eBay activity) when beloved perfumes disappear. But Fig Leaf & Cassis from The Thymes has been my favorite bath and body line for nearly ten years, and I kept hoping they will bring back the environmental oil in this scent, not to mention expand the range of products. Instead, it's being discontinued.

The leftover products are now in the "Last Chance" section (together with the Gardener and Green Tea lines). The body lotion is already gone, but everything else is still there.

I'm terribly disappointed. I didn't like any of the scents The Thymes have released in recent years. They're too thin, too flowery or horribly fruity. Something from the Red Cherie line that arrived here as a PR freebie, ended up being used in feline waste management, and I gave thumbs down to each and every of the scents I've tested in their focus groups. I guess we'll have to move on to Jo Malone's Fig Leaf & Cassis, but I'm going to dearly miss The Thymes. The scent was the perfect combination of lush and crisp, green with only a hint of honeyed fruit. It layered well with my favorite fig perfumes (Heeley and L'Artisan), and never failed to satisfy. If you have suggestions for other fig products, please comment. I'm sure I'm not the only FL&C fan who will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment