Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions Shampoo- The Case Of The Mysterious Bottle



I have no idea why I had a bottle of Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions Shampoo in my product stash. I didn't buy it, that's for sure, and since my hair has never been red and there wasn't a matching bottle of conditioner next to it, I can only assume it was sent to me with other random products and got shoved under the sink, waiting for salvation.

I dug it out a few months ago and it's been residing in my shower and getting an occasional use, just because it's red and it's there. But I have to say, red or not, this is a pretty decent shampoo, even if I can't comment on the color preserving issue.

Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions Shampoo smells like apples, which is not something I like in perfume or lotion (it actually makes me gag), but has a nostalgic quality in shampoo. It lathers nicely and feels very pleasant on my scalp and hair, leaving a clean feeling without any itching or dryness. I always use it with heavy duty deep conditioning masks, and it never clashes with these products. The red color is a bit weird and I always make sure to rinse the tub well after use to make sure there's no freaky looking residue. It doesn't affect my dark brown color, but I think my hair looks a bit more shiny after I wash it with this shampoo, or maybe it's just my imagination. In any case, I like it a lot better than I'd expected.

Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions Shampoo can be found at your local drugstore for around $6. I have no idea how it got into my possession, so I assume it was a PR freebie.
Photo: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment