Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kevyn Aucoin Brush Stroke Eye Powder Pencil







Since we're talking green eye shadow lately (see previous post), here's an example for an interesting product: Kevyn Aucoin Brush Stroke Eye Powder is a thick pencil that can line the eyes for that heavily made up look, but is also an easy to apply eyeshadow. The one I have in Soir is a muted sage green color that can look deeper and darker if applied right over an eye balm.

The first time you apply it, the powdery texture is a bit surprising. It doesn't glide on like a regular pencil, but it only take a moment to adjust and figure it out. I find that it requires a primer (I prefer to wear it dry), otherwise the lasting power is disappointing- it's gone within three hours.

The Powder Pencil is great for a quick makeup job, when one doesn't feel like fussing with brushes (there's a decent built-in brush on the pencil itself) and blending . On my skin, Soir is muted enough to look casual and understated, so all it takes is a little mascara and I'm done. It's not the most sophisticated or luxurious eyeshadow/liner (or at least it doesn't feel like one), but it delivers as long as I wear a primer to make the powder stick.

Kevyn Aucoin Brush Stroke Eye Powder Pencil ($27) is available from beauty.com, but I'm pretty sure I got mine ar Bergdorf when they still had it.

photos: mine

No comments:

Post a Comment