Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge- Three Red Nail Polish Colors








I've been on a serious red kick- red lipstick, red nails, red shoes (If you ask my mother she'd say nothing has changed since I first learned to identify colors. I refused to wear any shoes that weren't red). My latest discovery is some of the reds from Rescue Beauty Lounge, a NYC-based niche brand that offers extraordinary quality and  colors that make me want them all.


 Killa Red is blue based creme and all glam. It made my husband say: "that's ummm... really red, isn't it?" which I consider a good thing. It's not the color for a job interview or anywhere that "really red" would be considered distracting. They might as well name it "Man Eater" .


Moulin Rouge is a more introverted color. Black cherries? Dried blood? It's very dark and looks surprisingly elegant, especially on shorter nails.


Black Russian looks scary in the bottle. It's a sheer black with dark red glitter. Buying it felt almost like a dare, but I fell in love. It's not your Jersey mall glitter, that's for sure, and doesn't look like a Halloween reject, either. On the nail it's a lot smoother than you'd expect, and while there's definitely a vampish vibe, it's also sexy and sophisticated. Worthy of a special date and of the time and effort it takes to remove all the glittery flecks once you're done with the color.

As I said above, the quality is wonderful. The Rescue Beauty polishes are easy to apply and go on smoothly. The brush is comfortable to hold and use, and even a klutz like me can achieve impressive results. I use the Zoya base and top coats and the polish stays intact for over a week. You need to do some serious damage before the first chip arrives.

Bottom line: I'm planning my next purchase.

Rescue Beauty Lounge nail polish colors ($18 each) are available from the company's website rescuebeauty.com, which is how I bought these bottles.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment