Thursday, August 19, 2010

Edward Bess Forever Yours Ultra Sleek Lipstick






My constant companion these days is Edward Bess Ultra Sleek Lipstick in Forever Yours. This richly pigmented red based pink that is about one shade darker than my natural lip color offers full coverage, creamy texture and perfect finish that's just shiny enough without any actual shimmer. It stays put through a quick snack or a drink and always looks appropriate.

Forever Yours is half a shade darker and has a little more brown in the base than its closely-related sibling Night Romance. I'll show more photos of Night Romance next week, but for now here's a comparison swatch:



The Ultra Sleek lipstick range is small and carefully edited. There are only 13 colors, which seems a bit limited. But it actually shows Edward Bess' keen eye and perfectionism. Out of the 13, there are four colors I love and wear regularly. If I weren't addicted and obsessed with makeup and beauty blogging I could have (theoretically, of course) lived with just those four. That says a lot.

Bottom Line: Perfect.

Edward Bess Ultra Sleek Lipsticks ($32) are available exclusively from Bergdorf Goodman and edwardbess.com. I'd suggest (urge you, actually) to ignore the tiny color samples on Edward's website and check out my own reviews (more to come) as well as those by Sabrina on the Beauty Look Book and KarlaSugar.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment