Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Edward Bess Sheer Satin Cream Compact Foundation (03 Nude)







I have several Edward Bess goodies to talk about- new shades of lip colors and his gorgeous blushes. But before we go there I must talk about this little wonder- the Edward Bess Sheer Satin Cream Compact Foundation. I've been using it just about every other day for the last couple of months, especially when I need to get ready quickly. The advantage of this compact foundation is that it already contains a silicone base, which means two things: 1) no need to use a silicone primer underneath, and, 2) application is the easiest thing in the universe.

I admit that when I'm not in a hurry  I like to apply a brightening non-silicone primer (like the ones from Cle de Peau or Shiseido) underneath the Edward Bess foundation, but it's not really necessary. Thanks to the formula my makeup holds for at least 8 hours even without one. I'm just a primer fiend.

I apply the foundation with a sponge- usually slightly damp (the one in the compact is quite decent, by the way). The Sheer Satin foundation gives medium coverage and looks beautifully natural on skin- the finish is flawless, smooth and soft, and since Node #3 is perhaps the most perfect match for my skin I've seen in a while, it looks like I'm just having a good skin day.

Bottom Line: Perfection. As always.

Edward Bess Sheer Satin Cream Compact Foundation ($60) is available from Bergdorf Goodman and select Neiman Marcus locations as well as online.

All photos are mine. Model: Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment