Wednesday, July 11, 2007

End of an Era?


August will see the last issue of Jane Magazine (and its website). I imagine that things are getting tough for print media when we no longer need to wait for the monthly fashion and beauty fix they offer us, because we all get it daily from reading the blogs. Not to mention, designers who know what's good for them allow streaming their shows online in real time.

I can't see myself giving up my subscriptions any time soon, and some magazines seem to be adjusting to this new reality better than others. I hope this is the last closing we have to witness.

Do you still read the monthly glossies? do you see yourself stopping reading them? What do they need to do to keep you as a reader? How many beauty and fashion blogs do you visit regularly?

A Socialite's Life has this related little story about the going-ons when a magazine is about to lock its doors (and its fashion closet).

No comments:

Post a Comment