Thursday, November 12, 2009

Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Colour Lipstick (Violet)





I was at the Laura Mercier counter with the intention to buy the Satin Lip Colour lipstick in Currant, a gorgeous deep rose plum. I tried it on the spot, and while the formula felt soft and weightless, the semi-matte texture was the kind that sinks right into the tiny scar on my bottom lip and make it stand out. Sadly, that meant I had to pass. But I was already there and in the mood for a pretty lipstick, so the SA directed me towards the Shimmer Lip Colour, a range of lipsticks with a soft, moisturizing texture.

Shimmer Lip Colour has an acceptable staying power (some pigment remains after a cup of tea), excellent coverage and is very comfortable to wear, leaving the lips feeling soft even after it's long gone. I liked many of the colors I saw and chose Violet, a medium mauve. While the Laura Mercier website describes Violet as a cool mauve, I actually think it has some red undertone, at least against my skin.

Bottom line: A crowd pleaser.

Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Colour Lipstick ($22)is available from most department stores, Sephora and lauramercier.com. I bought mine at Bergdorf Goodman.

All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment