Monday, November 16, 2009

Trish McEvoy Essential Pencil (Plum Brown)




Lately I'm all about the ease and performance of lip crayons. Bobbi Brown made me a huge fan of her thick pencils, and I've been testing several others, with great success so far. Trish McEvoy Essential Pencils are a touch less creamy than the Bobbi Brown equivalent, but not so much as to make them inferior. Actually, for toting the pencils around in hot weather, something a bit less melty is probably a better choice. The Essential Pencils are still very soft and go on smoothly, giving good coverage and a comfortable feel. They can be worn alone, but I usually prefer them topped with a sheer gloss.

Plum Brown (number 10) is a perfect mauve, it has a somewhat brown base that makes look like a great autumn color. It goes well with my favorite Edward Bess lip gloss (Nude Satin) or with Givency Gloss Interdit in Rose Taboo, creating a polished and elegant look.

The staying power of the Essential Pencil is great. Some pigment survives a cup of tea, though I'd recommend doing some touch ups to restore the look back to perfection.

Trish McEvoy Essential Pencil ($22) is available from most decent department stores. I bought mine at Bergdorf Goodman.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment