Tuesday, January 26, 2010

YSL La Laque Spring 2010- Beige Mousseline (Beige Chiffon #41)





YSL has two nail polish options in the Spring 2010 collection. While Mauve Silk (#143) is the one more heavily promoted, I'm all purpled out and chose the sleeper #41 (Beige Chiffon or Beige Mousseline) instead. This is a true beige with a hint of pink like a doll's skin. It's a true classic, as wearable as it gets and has this effortless French thing going for it. It's perfect for the mannequin hand look without looking dead and would make a great summer pedi to accompany vibrant sandals that don't need competition.


Quality-wise, you need three coats to achieve full color. It can be a drag, but this La Laque dries pretty quickly for a creme nail polish, so even I can avoid messing it up. I've used Zoya Anchor and Zoya top coat (which I have been renewing every other day) and have yet to see tip wear even after a week.

YSL La Laque ($20) is available from most department store as well as online. I ordered it from yslbeautyus.com.

Nail polish bottle photos by me, mannequin photo: pamdora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment