Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint (Sheer Mauve 7)



I was in the market for a new cream blush. I just finished a Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in a limited edition or discontinued color  and wanted something similar, but none of the current colors in this range seemed to work. I love the texture, but the most of Pot Rouge shades are very dark with red or brown undertones that looked frustratingly heavy and muddy. The SA suggested I try the Sheer Color Cheek Tint which is a stick blush- not my favorite format (probably because the first ones I've ever tried were the ones from Tarte which I deeply disliked)- but the colors were interesting enough.


I was surprised how great the Sheer Cheek Tint felt and looked. It was a smooth application with no sticky feeling. The pigment was sheer but noticeable, blended easily and I liked the natural appearance. Sheer Mauve (no. 7) was exactly the  color I needed. It complements olive skin that isn't tan, adds some life and a healthy flush without going over the too-pink line.

The staying power of this stick blush isn't the greatest when on its own. The Sheer Cheek Tint needs good anchoring to last the day- a real foundation (tinted moisturizers tend to fade and take the blush with them) and powder, not to mention a primer underneath it all. It probably wouldn't be a good choice for the melty days of August, but right now this is my go-to blush. It also helps that the stick is tiny and takes minimum space in a makeup bag, easy to use on the go and only requires blending with your fingers, so no extra brush to carry.

Bottom line: It makes me look alive.

Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint ($22) is available from most decent department stores as well as from bobbibrowncosmetics.com. I bought it at my local Blommie's.

All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment