Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Faced




Yesterday I posted a less than glowing review of an eye shadow Primer by Too Faced Cosmetics. This morning I received a comment disagreeing with my impression, which is utterly fine. Not every product works the same way for everyone and I'm always happy to hear from readers about their own experience with items I write about. But something about that comment smelled fishy to me. I've been doing this blogging thing since 2006 and have learned a thing or two in the process. So I went to my visitor counter and found the information you see in the screen shot above.

That's a screen capture from my visitor log. You can verify its authenticity since my Site Meter statistics are public and viewable if you click the link on the right . Look for the 9:58:45 am visit, which is when the comment in question was left.

Dear Too Faced Cosmetics PR and marketing department, is that how you reach out to bloggers and communicate with your customers? Seriously? Did you think I wouldn't notice? Do you also post fake reviews on Sephora's site?

I've been through similar crap before. Next thing I usually get an apologetic email telling me the person who did it is new or an intern or the owner's niece and hasn't been briefed yet on netiquette, because the company has the utmost respect for bloggers and never does these things.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment