Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shu Uemura Primal Mix Blush- Rhythm




There is a lot to love about the new(ish. It's a fall 2009 release and has been out for a couple of months now) Shu Uemura Primal Mix Blush: The velvety texture, the ability to mix and customize the two shades in the compact, the colors themselves- vibrant and flattering. But the size and shape drive me crazy. It's a small stripe of color which limits the shape, size and movement of the brush. I like using big and fluffy brushes and lightly swirl them over the blush for natural looking application, but it's utterly impossible here. The Shu Uemura compact is only slightly bigger than your average single eye shadow, so I'm using smaller and narrow brushes, like the Sephora angled blush brush you see in the picture, and make sure to carefully blend the color with the other face products I apply to avoid that streaky 80s look.



The Shu Uemura Primal Mix Blush comes in three shades. There's a peachy option and a brownish one that I liked but found to be too dark. My color of choice was Rhythm, a warm medium pink with the golden/light bronze supplement. It adds just the right amount of perkiness to one's face, but I can't help thinking it would have served me better if it came in a round or even square compact.

Bottom line: Very pretty, flawed design.

Shu Uemura Primal Mix Blush ($24) is available from Barneys, Bergdorf and Neiman Marcus.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment