Sunday, November 1, 2009

Currently



Book
Americans In Space by Mary E. Mitchell. A novel. A thirty-something mother dealing with early widowhood. So far I really like it, despite the tearjerking subject.

Song
Simon & Garfunkel- A Hazy Shade Of Winter.

Frequently worn outfit/item
A vintage-inspired rain coat in green/black/white, bought last year at Juicy Couture, of all places.

Perfume
Parfumerie Generale Cuir d'Iris

Makeup
Red lipsticks and super pale face.

Food
Cakes from Patisserie Didier Dumas in Nyack. Paris on the Hudson.

Drink
I'm chugging water like a horse.

Guilty pleasure
A pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I'm sure it doesn't qualify as coffee, but I like the weirdness. I just wish it weren't so sweet.

Bane of my existence
The kink in my neck- I can't turn my head to the right. It's been an extremely uncomfortable couple of days.

Joy
The extra hour of sleep.

Anticipation
Still all about the new house.

Wish list
Some vintage furniture I've seen in several stores around here. Apparently, I'm a big fan of mid-century Danish design. By the way, does anyone know where I can find that giraffe print from Pete Campbell's (Mad Men) apartment?



Thought
Could the craftsmanship of Ikea furniture be any worse?

Please share your recommendations, banes and joys.

Art by Craig Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment