Monday, December 28, 2009

Things I Don't Get



1. A pink puffy vest by Jil Sander? Why would anyone want it?
Yes, I understand that Jil Sander, the designer, has more or less lost the rights to her own name. She now designs for Japanese Uniqlo stores under the +J brand, which probably means she needs to come up with items that would appeal to a certain audience. But wouldn't shoppers who are looking for Jil Sander designs be fans of sleek and sophisticated urban style and not Barbie on ice?

Can anyone shed some light?



2. This Missoni ensemble. Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Missoni fan and find their clothes timeless and super versatile. I wear them year-round and pair them with just about anything and everything. But here, even the model looks miserable.

Photos and info: WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment