Thursday, December 17, 2009

YSL Gloss Pur (Pure Plum 6)





It doesn't matter how many times I complain about the scent of YSL glosses, I still buy them for the color, shine and overall gorgeousness. Gloss Pur in Pure Plum (#6) is no different. The same weird mineral fragrance that really doesn't belong in a lip gloss tube, but such a fabulous shade, texture and shine that I reach out for whenever I want a sleek but not too dramatic look.

Depending on the amount you apply, it can serve as top coat for a lipstick or stand alone. When swatching on my hand or straight on the brush (see photo) the pigment looks a lot richer than it is on the lips, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the natural color of the lips- mine are quite dark. So when I wear Pure Plum it looks like a sheer red plum. It's the kind of color I can wear everywhere, though the high shine makes it a bit dressy.

Like all YSL glosses, the staying power is about average and it's not too sticky.

Bottom line: A staple.

Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Pur ($29) is available from all YSL counters. I bought it at Sephora.

All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment